When is the Right Time to Trick-or-Treat???
Mayor Menino Declares the Official Trick-or-Treating Hours to be 5:00pm-8:00pm
Complete List of Boston Police Sponsored Halloween Parties Included Below
Mayor Thomas M. Menino and the Boston Police Department would like to wish everyone a happy and safe Halloween. As for the most suitable time to be out and about trick-or-treating, Mayor Menino is encouraging all wanna-be ghosts, ghouls and goblins to concentrate and contain their candy gathering efforts between the hours of 5:00pm and 8:00pm. As such, that time period has been officially declared the designated time for trick-or-treating.
The Boston Police Department continues to emphasize the importance of safety and supervision throughout the night. With that thought in mind, the BPD encourages all who trick-or-treat to do so in groups or with the benefit of adult supervision. Halloween is fun for people of all ages but, to ensure a successful evening for all involved, fun and safety have to go hand in hand.
If you would like to celebrate Halloween with the Boston Police Department, feel free to drop by any of the police-sponsored parties below:
Upcoming Halloween Events Include:
- District A-7 (East Boston): Friday, October 26, 2012, from 4:00pm-6:00pm @ 112 Paris Street (Paris Street Community Center) in East Boston. Kids ages 13 and under are welcome.
- District E-5 (West Roxbury): Friday, October 26, 2012, from 5:00pm-8:00pm @ the District E-5 Station located at 1708 Centre Street in West Roxbury. A big party is in the works. Costumes and candy are mandatory.
- District D-4 (South End): Saturday, October 27, 2012, from Noon to 4:00pm @ Blackstone Square. Enjoy face painting, a costume contest for dogs, pumpkin decorating, food, fun & live music.
- District C-6 (South Boston): Saturday, October 27, 2012 & Sunday, October 28, 2012 from 12:00pm to 4:00pm @ Castle Island in South Boston. The Children’s Magical Halloween Castle will be on full display.
- District B-3 (Mattapan): Monday, October 29, 2012, from 4:00pm-8:00pm @ District B-3 located at 1165 Blue Hill Ave in Mattapan. All are welcome.
- District B-2 (Roxbury): Monday, October 29, 2012, from 4:00pm-6:00pm @ the District B-2 Station located at 2400 Washington Street in Roxbury. All are welcome.
- District E-18 (Hyde Park): Tuesday, October 30, 2012, from 4:00 – 6:00pm @ the Hyde Park Municipal Building on River Street. Stop in for sweats, treats and fun.
- District E-13 (Jamaica Plain): Wednesday, October 31, 2012, from 5:30pm- 8:00pm @ District E-13 located at 3347 Washington Street in Jamaica Plain. Officers will be passing out candy to all who stop in.
- District D-14 (Brighton): Wednesday, October 31, 2012, from 3:00pm-5:00pm, officers from District D-14 will be handing out candy during the Annual Brighton Business Trick-or-Treat Walk. The walk starts at District D-14 located 301 Washington Street and ends at the Oak Square YMCA.
- District C-11 (Dorchester): Wednesday, October 31, 2012, from 4:30pm-6:30pm @ District C-11 located at 40 Gibson Street in Dorchester. Officers will be distributing sweats, treats and safety tips to all who stop by.